Wednesday 17 April 2013

Did I survive my detox???

Detox Day Two, was nowhere near as challenging as the first.. but i quickly came to realise, that I really did not like the taste of the juices, in fact they made me almost gag a little. 

The headache subsided and I honestly didn't feel as hungry anymore. I consumed very little on the second day. I barely got through a few mouthfuls of the first juice, couldn't bare more of a sip of the second (Not sure why schkinny pine grapple was the only option for morning tea every day of the detox - i hated it). 

By the time lunch came around I was a little hungry. Lentil luncheon was on the menu and it was my favourite of all the ones that i tried over the detox. I inhaled it! (mostly because there were lentils in there i could chew on!)

I pretty much couldn't have more than a few sips of the afternoon juice remembering how sick it had made me the day before.

After hardly touching a juice/soup all day, I was hungry. I struggled through a few mouthfuls of the evening soup and desperately wanted to go to bed!

Where was this new found energy I was supposed to be feeling? 

I basically lived on teas (peppermint & chamomile) it was the only thing that kept me sane (and helped my body NOT go into starvation mode!!)

Thursday. Different day, same struggles.

Hubby has Thursday off, so I begged him to come and sit with me at lunch time! Before i met up with him i heated up my soup. I can't even remember the contents now, but it was lime green!! It smelt ok, and I almost started to look forward to it. I took my first bite and i almost brought it right back up. The only way I can describe the taste was warm, sour guacamole.. in other words, revolting.. 

At this point I almost felt like crying! Instead of giving up completely and stealing some of James's delicious looking chicken katsu, i bought a freshly squeezed boost juice. I think I was starting to fell quite out of it because i swear its the best thing i've ever tasted.

Again, i could only manage a few sips of my afternoon juice. I just didn't like the taste..

By dinner, I wasn't even hungry, just desperate for the stupid thing to be over. The vege con carne cold juice dinner was almost as disgusting as the lunch soup.. I knew I wouldn't last much longer. 

I woke up on Friday morning full of hope, knowing that this would be the last day. I wasn't getting intense hunger pains, i didn't miss food. The Schkinny Manniny juices just weren't for me.

Fighting through my morning juices seemed a lot easier knowing that i planned on having dinner. For lunch was the AWFUL lime green sour guacamole soup (I am aware this is not really what it was.) I had to make another trip to Boost Juice! I didn't even bother with the afternoon juice.. i just hung on, knowing dinner wasn't far away!

The taste of real, solid food, never felt so good! I lasted only 3 and a half of 5 days, and even though I wanted to finish it to write about it, I couldn't bear it anymore.

So what are my concluding thoughts???


  • I felt exhausted. I think the fact I didn't like and could barely stomach the juices meant i didn't get enough nutrients or calories in a day. I didn't like that i didn't have any energy to exercise either.
  • I got a shocking cold this week. Obviously it could be because of the weather and that people around me are sick.. but i feel inclined to blame the detox and eliminating toxins from my body.
  • My face has broken out terribly again. I was worried this might happen as it was a potential side effect (and one of the main reasons I didn't want to do it before the wedding).
  • I only lost 1kg all up. Pretty much water weight. My weight generally shifts this much in an average week anyway. I still felt quite bloated too.
  • I realised that I much prefer clean eating and exercise. It makes me feel much healthier, happier and content.


Will i detox again?

Probably! I don't mind the idea of a detox. I like to replace some of my meals with clean fresh green juices or protein smoothies anyway.

Will I do Schkinny Manniny again? No. I found most of the juices horrible. I have read a lot of positive reviews, but i sincerely hope that someone reads mine and realises that it just isn't for everyone.

For the ridiculous price i forked out - i found it a MASSIVE waste of money.

Can anyone recommend any good ones that they might have tried? I'm always interested in researching and trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment