Tuesday 9 April 2013

My First Detox Day!

So... as per my last post, I have been wanting to do a juice detox for a long time and now seemed as good of a time as any.

Yesterday was my first day on the Schkinny Manniny Juice Detox (Schinnymanniny.com.au)

Because i live out of the CBD area, my juices arrived on Monday afternoon, so I couldn't start first thing Monday (which i knew before purchasing). 

They came in the cutest little eskies and as i pulled them all out, I felt very excited and motivated to start. Inside the eskies were little motivational cards for each day with tips and advice on how you might be feeling and how to deal with it.



I also received a very sweet little care package from the Schkinny Manniny team that included; a few packets of herbal tea, a loofah, bath soak & Psyllium Husk(for those that feel like they might need a bit more fibre just drinking juice)



I woke up on Tuesday morning, raring and ready to go! My first juice was the Sckinny Leap Frog. A green juice. I'm a fan of green juices and quite often make them for breakfast myself.
This one wasn't too bad, I actually quite enjoyed it and drank the whole thing!

As the morning progressed, I didn't feel that hungry. I had one of their herbal teas which tasted quite nice, and I started to think that maybe my caffeine withdrawals wouldn't be as serious as i first thought they might be..

My second juice was around 10:30. Schkinny Pine Grapple. This one I was NOT so keen on. I'm not sure if it was the ginger, but it didn't sit so well as the first, I finished about 2/3 of the juice.

By the time Lunch came around, I still wasn't that hungry. This time around it was a soup. I can't fully remember the name of this one, but it was a carroty concoction. It tasted ok, a little bland (and i wondered how nice it would taste with a little bit of pepper and chilli flakes) but i couldn't even get through half. I munched on the little packet of seeds that had also been supplied in my esky - it felt nice just to chew.

As the afternoon drew on not even the reassuring email from the Schkinny Manniny team could help. (Side note: I did find it a little off putting that i was receiving the emails a day earlier than my detox progress, because even though my start day was Monday, I couldn't start til Tuesday due to late afternoon delivery on Monday - maybe something they should look into) my caffeine addiction was finally getting the best of me and reared its ugly head. I felt like my head was full of cotton wool and the pounding started to get heavier - making concentration at work quite difficult.

I had a peppermint tea (as herbal tea is allowed) and tried to keep my mind on work.. not the weird foods i was craving. I tried to drink as much water as possible - I usually drink 2-3L a day and just couldn't stomach it.

I ask a question on the Facebook page to try and motivate myself (but am yet to get a response - not the best Social media 101). 

My afternoon juice was Schkinny Fruity Punch. I think i was just trying to keep my mind off the whole thing because i basically inhaled the whole juice! Instant Regret. For the rest of the afternoon I felt incredibly sick, the thought of having to have another soup/juice at dinner made me almost gag (and its only the first day!!)

I drove home, had a warm shower & basically just crawled into bed in my very dark bedroom. I lay there for probably an hour and a half before getting up to feed the cat and try have a little bit of the dinner.

My headache had subsided somewhat, but i couldn't manage more than 4-5 tablespoons of the tomato soup for dinner, and no more than a sip of the nutty after pre-bed drink. I lay on the lounge trying to distract myself with some trashy TV. But even the ridiculousness of 'the only way is essex' and the sexiness of Ricky Martin on the voice didn't work. The constant food advertising on TV certainly doesn't help.

The husband finally arrived home after having dinner at his mums. I had sent him there so i didn't have to see him enjoying dinner, and all i wanted was a cuddle and bed. We were in bed far earlier than usual, and I slept very well. 

I woke up this morning, headache no longer present (although i do anticipate its return at coffee o'clock this afternoon) but not feeling very confident, or as excited as yesterday. Its 9:30 and i have had a few mouthfuls of my green juice and already attacked my seeds. I hope that my energy builds up today and I start to feel some of the benefits that will help me last the next 4 days!

Am starting to think that the best detox is just to go back to clean eating & exercise my butt off (Lost 5kg in 6 weeks before the wedding doing this). We'll see what happens.

Send love & hugs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment