Wednesday 24 April 2013

My healthy ANZAC bikkie recipe

If you are like me, you just cannot help your sweet tooth.

I am obsessed/addicted to ANZAC biscuits! They are one of my absolute favourites. I went through a period last year where i would just whip up a batch almost weekly! They only require a few baking ingredients (traditionally made with rolled oats, butter, sugar, golden syrup, white flour and coconut) which were ones i seemed to have on hand any way!

I noticed a few healthier versions popping up (These Theresa Cutter versions look AMAZING http://www.thehealthychef.com/2013/04/anzac-biscuits/)  and now that I am trying to eat more clean and healthy I thought i would try and put together my own healthier recipe! I baked these last night, and even hard to please hubby was impressed!

Ingredients
1 Cup of Wholemeal flour
1 Cup of Wholemeal rolled oats
1/2 cup desicated coconut
2 tablespoons pure extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 teaspoons organic vanilla essence
1 tablespoon natvia (to sweeten)
1/2 cup water (add more water if required to make sure ingredients stick together)

Method
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160 degrees celcius and line a baking tray.
2. Combine flour, oats and coconut.
3. Add coconut oil, agave nectar, vanilla essence and water
4. Mix ingredients together with spoon, adding natvia as you go (and extra water if required) until combined and at a nice consistency.
5. Form into as many balls as you like (depends if you want big or small cookies) and place on baking tray.
6. flatten down with fork with enough room around biscuits to expand in oven.  
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden on 160 degrees (note: the longer you leave them on, the harder they will turn out, i personally prefer soft cookies)
8. Wait til they cool to eat (or if you are cheeky like me and cannot wait, eat them warm and fresh from the oven!)

Let me know how you go if you decide to have a go and make some!




Fair warning, they are addictive!!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment